"And we all... are being changed into God's likeness from one degree of
glory to another." 2 Corinthians 3:18
Daily Express: To have friends you must be a friend first. A truly rich person
counts his, or her, assets in the number of friends they have.
1. Be a comfortable person so that there is no strain in being with you --
Be an old shoe, and old hat kind of individual. Be homey so everyone
instantly feels at home with you.
2. Acquire the quality of relaxed easy-goingness so things don't ruffle
you. Be calm. Nothing bothers you, and people like to be around you
because of this.
3. Do not be egotistical. Guard against giving the impression that you
know it all. Be natural and normally humble.
4. Cultivate the quality of being interesting so people will want to be
with you and get something of stimulating value from their association
5. Be more interested in others than you are in yourself.
6. Cultivate the quality of being a good listener.
7. Strive to get the “scratchy” elements out of your personality, even
those of which you may be unconscious; study yourself.
8. Sincerely attempt to heal, on an honest Christian basis, every
misunderstanding you have had, or now have. In other words, from inside
yourself, drain off your grievances.
9. Practice liking people until you learn to do so with the genuine heart.
Remember what Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like." Try
to be that way.
10. Never miss an opportunity to say a word of congratulations upon
anyone's achievement, or express sympathy in sorrow or disappointment.
11. Get more deeply in touch with your spiritual side so that you have
something to give people that will help them to be stronger and meet life
more effectively. Give strength to people and they will give affection to
12. Smile, and go forth giving away your joy.
Reading – Book Recommendation: Dale Carnegie "How to Win Friends and Influence People."
Dear God, I pray for more friendships.
Send people to me that I can befriend.
Help me to be a friend first, to all people I see.
I pray that I do not isolate myself.
Empower me so that I am not standoffish.
Help me to get beyond shyness, by realizing others need me.
Help me to eliminate secret loneliness in the people that I encounter.
Thank You God, Amen.
I come out of my shell and become a friend to all.
"Do first things first, and second things not at all."
Peter F. Drucker